WHY FOAM PRODUCTS ARE A MUST!
A few months ago I posted a video about the amount of products you can use to make your hair moisturized and the product that I touched on the most was foam and/or mousse. Ironically many people don’t have foam in their cabinet of hair supplies and in my opinion it’s mandatory that you get some!
As far as names go, I’m going to stick with the word foam because sometimes mousse is heavier. I’m specifically talking about the product that looks like bubbles and comes out of a pump just to be crystal clear here.
The main reasons why I love foam is because it’s the closest product to water and doesn’t contain a lot of heavy ingredients. It’s not oily or creamy, yet it is very hydrating because it’s so close to the properties of water and has enough ingredients, which gives your hair a little extra boost. In the salon, I use foam for a bit of everything from curls to wigs, to smoothing out ponytails, literally everything in between so here are a few ways that I like to use it in more detail.
- Wigs: Anytime you are creating a part in a different place or resetting your part, you should use some foam on the parted area and comb it down really clean. That is really going to set the tone for the way you’re hair falls. It’s a must!
- Short Hair: The best way to use foam on short hair is to smooth it down before it’s curled.
- Curly Hair: It’s the best for detangling and stretching the hair. It can be combined with gel or crème for wet and go styling and equally amazing for twist outs! Curly hair loves it some mousse.
- Smoothing: If you’re doing a ponytail or sleek look, using foam or mousse helps with making the perfect foundation for a style.
- Hair Refresh: Anytime your hair needs some love whether its natural, or protected by a wig or braids, foam products can help refresh the hair before styling and prolong braided styles.
- Kids Hair: Managing children’s hair is so much easier with foam. It gives shine and helps keep control, without product buildup.
Now that I have provided you with the perfect way to use foam and mousse, below are the brands that are my favorite.
- Nairobi Wrapp-It Shine Foaming Lotion- it’s the perfect mixture of heavy and lightweight in the best way possible. It gives shine and softness and it perfect for every hair type.
- Mielle Organics Brazilian Cocktail Curl Mousse- amazing for curls! Thank me later.
- Design Essentials Natural Curl Enhancing Mousse-the perfect amount of everything you need. Great for short hair and wigs.
- Taliah Waajid Crinkles & Curls Styling Lotion-great for defining curls and lightweight finishes.
Let me know which foam product you love and why and if you don’t have any, make sure you get some!
Love and Light,